Below is my in-depth tutorial on how to get the perfect beach wave curl at home! I know so many people leave the salon with the perfect style only to get home and struggle with the iron to recreate it. Well, now is the perfect time to practice because we are all stuck at home during this quarantine! In this video, I'll be showing you exactly how to achieve the perfect beach waves on yourself! You'll find some essential tips below the video, after all, the prep is everything!
First Step: PREP
I'll be honest, I RARELY blow dry my hair. To prep my hair, I usually shower in the afternoon or evening on my off day and let my hair air dry. Recently, I've been using Innersense Organic Beauty and J Beverly Hills products. After I shampoo and condition, I used the Innersense Leave-In Conditioning Treatment & J Beverly Hills 5 in 1 on the ends and the Volumizing Foam at the roots. Air Dry or Blow dry after that, like I said, I'm lazy so I usually wait until the next morning to style. When I style I use a Hot Tools Professional curling iron that is 1 inch or 1 1/4 inch barrel size. These give me the perfect texture without having to work too hard.
Second Step: SECTIONING
I know beach waves are supposed to look messy and lived in but clean sectioning is the fastest way to do it. And I hate to tell ya folks, but the shorter your hair is the harder its going to be to style. I have to take 3 sections because I have super thick, coarse hair. If your hair is longer, you can totally take 2 sections. Honestly, you can take as many as you'd like. Clip each section out of the way and start at the nape! (Click here to get your own aligator clips!)
Third Step: CURLING TIPS
- At the front of each section keep the clip facing forward
- Alternate each piece forwards and backwards after the hair line
- Leave the ends out for the "lived-in look"
- Make sure your sections aren't too big
- Drag & twist the curling iron off your piece
- If you loop the hair around the curling iron too many times it creates "Shirley-Temple curls"
- Only wrap the hair once for short hair and two/three times for long hair!
- Click here to look at all Innersense Organic Beauty Products
Hi There! I'm Ashley and welcome to The Sunkissed Hair Co. Blog! Here you'll find the latest tips and tricks to achieve your dream hair! After all, hair is the crown we never take off! Read more about SHCo Here!
-WHY is my hair BRASSY?
- Why You Should Wash Your Hair Less
- Dry Shampoo & What's Best for YOU!
- Dry Shampoo Brand Reviews
Tips & Tricks:
- The Ultimate Guide to Healthy CURLS!
- Not Washing Your Hair
- Dehydrated Hair Tips
- Beach Wave Curls Made Easy
- Determine Your Hair Type
- Get the Perfect Blowout